Most people don’t get straight teeth naturally; it takes orthodontics to move teeth to their most ideal positions and to align both teeth and jaws for a great bite. For decades, orthodontics have come in the form of traditional metal braces. Many teens and adults today find braces inconvenient and uncomfortable; fortunately, there’s an alternative.
At Tower Dental, we now offer Invisalign aligners in order to better serve our patients. Instead of having cumbersome metal attached to your teeth, you can have almost invisible aligners over your teeth instead. They’ll be more comfortable than braces—and may give you faster results too.
What Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign aligners are an orthodontic system that uses clear aligners to gradually move your teeth into a straighter position. We plan out the ways that your teeth will move during the entire treatment process.
Each set of aligners moves your teeth for a couple of weeks before you switch to the next aligners in the series. These will move your teeth even further along in the plan. Each aligner is designed to fit comfortably over your teeth and apply gentle force to encourage teeth to move.
Aligners are made of discreet, clear material. They are designed to be gentle on the gums, lips, and other tissues. Invisalign aligners also have the support of millions of past cases, which have created a database to make your Invisalign treatment as successful and customizable as possible.
Is Invisalign Treatment Right for You?
Braces have been used for decades, but Invisalign aligners are often a more attractive option for teens and adults. They let you avoid metal wires and brackets, and aligners stay hidden during job responsibilities and social events. Plus, many adults can finish their Invisalign treatment more quickly than they would with metal braces.
Invisalign aligners can fix:
- Underbites, overbites, and crossbites.
- Crooked teeth.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Crowded teeth.
- Other challenges usually treated by orthodontics.
You can visit Tower Dental in Seattle for an Invisalign consultation to learn more! Your dentist will give you an examination and consultation to find out if Invisalign aligners are a good fit for your orthodontic needs. Some teeth will respond better to another treatment, and we’re happy to explain your options when you visit our office or you can get a free virtual consult to discuss your options from home.
Advantages of Invisalign Treatment
It’s exciting to see your teeth moving quickly during your Invisalign treatment. The changes can be dramatic for many patients—we think you’ll love seeing your before and after pictures.
Compared to metal braces, clear aligners also have these advantages:
- Discreet Look: Clear aligners are not easy to see. You can go to work and chat with others without anyone staring at your braces. Metal wires, in contrast, are extremely obvious. Metal brackets may even push out the lips and change your appearance.
- Improved Hygiene: You’ll take out your aligners during meals and when you brush your teeth. That means that food won’t get stuck in them, as happens with metal braces. This will help you keep your teeth and gums healthier and your breath fresher.
- Better Diet: You can eat the types of foods you like without restrictions, because aligners are removed before eating. You don’t have to avoid hard, crunchy, or sticky foods with Invisalign aligners the way you do with traditional braces.
- More Comfortable: There’s no metal in these aligners to irritate the soft tissues in your mouth. Invisalign aligners can also be gentler in the way they move your teeth, causing less discomfort than metal braces (which must be regularly tightened at appointments).
- Faster Treatment: The average period of treatment is faster for Invisalign patients than for patients undergoing traditional metal braces treatment.
You might see that there are many companies that boast teeth straightening with clear aligners; however, you’ll receive a much better treatment and better results if you undergo proper treatment through a certified dentist or orthodontic dentist like at Tower Dental. We’ll make sure your aligners are personally and effectively fit to your mouth to ensure optimal alignment.
What Are The Steps of The Invisalign® Treatment?
- We will first hold a consultation to determine if you are a good Invisalign candidate. As part of this initial consult, we’ll take x-rays and scans of your mouth in order to guide a personalized design of Invisalign® trays.
- We will then make a series of personal, custom-made aligner trays that you will wear for about 22-24 hours a day.
- Every 2-4 weeks, you will receive a new aligner tray set that will help you gradually and safely move your teeth into their proper positions. Treatment times vary, but some patients can complete their treatments in as little as 4-6 months!
- Once your teeth have reached their desired alignment, we will provide you with a perfectly customized nighttime retainer to keep your teeth in its newly adjusted spot.
That’s it! The Invisalign treatment will give you the beautiful, straight smile you’ve always wanted.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAIGHTENING YOUR TEETH WITH INVISALIGN
There are many benefits to straightening your smile. Most think that orthodontics is simply a cosmetic solution; however the benefits of correcting bite issues go far beyond aesthetics.
Preventing Gum Disease | If you have swollen, red, and bleeding gums, it may be a result of your teeth being overcrowded or it may be due to gaps between your teeth. When teeth are aligned, the gums fit better around the teeth, providing the best natural defense against infection.
Correcting Your Bite: Crooked or misaligned teeth can lead to an improper bite, speaking or eating difficulty, and increased wear on the tooth enamel. Straightening your teeth can help improve your speech, chewing ability, and dental health.
Easing TMJ Issues: A poorly aligned jaw can strain your TMJ, which is the joint that attaches your lower jaw to your upper jaw. Straining this joint can lead to a wide array of painful and debilitating symptoms. Proper teeth alignment (dental occlusion), will help you avoid these symptoms and maintain your quality of life.
Preventing Cavities and Tooth Decay: When your teeth are aligned properly, bacteria and food particles have fewer places to hide when teeth are straight. Brushing will be easier and more effective when your teeth are beautifully straight.
Longer Lasting Protection: When teeth are straight and your bite is aligned correctly, your teeth don’t wear out as fast because the top and bottom row fit together naturally. This can protect your teeth for the rest of your life and make your teeth and dental health last longer.
Choosing to straighten your smile will not only give you a beautiful straight smile, but it will also improve your overall oral health!
FIT THE INVISALIGN TREATMENT INTO YOUR BUDGET
If you are worried about the costs of teeth straightening, we are proud to offer our patients financing options and payment to fit your Invisalign® treatment into your budget. We are also happy to work with your insurance plan, so you can take full advantage of your insurance benefits. Talk with a member of our friendly office staff to determine what your insurance plan covers for your Invisalign treatment.
Schedule Your Invisalign Appointment at Tower Dental To Get Started
Do you have questions? We’re happy to answer them. Call Tower Dental now to schedule a consultation with our great dentists. Find out if Invisalign treatment is right for you.